An enchanting smile automatically makes you look ten times more attractive. This is the reason why everyone craves for a perfect smile. Dental abnormalities are not uncommon, but dental science has a solution for all your dental troubles. With advancing technology, new ways are coming up, which help in restoring your smile naturally and conveniently. Invisalign braces are one of the numerous dental appliances that have revolutionised the way people perceive the word braces. The first thought with the word braces is the intricate bands, brackets and archives, but Invisalign braces are the complete opposite. They are removable, transparent aligners customised according to your teeth and straighten them gradually and efficiently. Now say goodbye to the bulky metallic braces and choose Invisalign.
What are Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign braces or aligners comprises a series of clear aligners that are custom made as per the shape and structure of your teeth. These braces are removable, but you have to wear them for at least 22 hours per day for significant results. They straighten your teeth gradually, and you shift from one set of the aligners to the next as your teeth get straightened eventually. Apart from their invisibility, Invisalign braces are extremely comfortable and lightweight. They are loaded with a plethora of advantages and must be the choice of braces if you are embarrassed to wear metallic braces. They are most popular among adults who can now correct their dental anomalies without anyone even noticing their braces.
What are Invisalign braces made up of?
Invisible clear braces as their name indicates are made up of clear ceramic, polycarbonate (a type of plastic), or acrylic. This makes them transparent, which is the primary advantage of using these braces. Their material makes them tough but not extra-rigid, and they fit perfectly over your teeth, moving them gradually in the desired direction.
How do Invisalign braces straighten your teeth?
These braces are worn for about 22 hours per day. They are made up of clear plastic, and they push your teeth in the desired direction gradually. They comprise a series of aligners, and you will get a new aligner after every stage of straightening of your teeth. The number of sets of aligners used will depend on how much improvement your teeth require. Unlike the traditional braces, Invisalign works more predictably, and you can assess the process of straightening with evidence from time to time.
What problems can you expect to get corrected with Invisalign?
The function of Invisalign is similar to other braces, but it has other advancements which are lacking in them. The purpose of braces is to correct anomalies and align your teeth. Invisalign also serves the same purpose. It can be used if you are having:
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Overcrowded teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Overriding test
Invisalign aligners will give your teeth an ideal position and correct all the problems that arise due to crooked teeth. This will not only make your smile appear better, but also improves the function of your teeth.
What are the advantages of Invisalign braces over metallic braces?
- Invisible- The most significant advantage of Invisalign braces is that they are indistinguishable from your natural teeth. This makes them the perfect choice for adults as well as teens.
- Comfortable- Metallic braces are very complex and bulky. You need a long time to adapt to their presence in the mouth. They also create difficulty in speaking and eating for the initial few days. But, Invisalign clear braces are comfortable and convenient. You can continue your normal eating habits from the first day after getting Invisalign clear braces.
- Short duration of treatment- While using Invisalign, the process of straightening is sped up by a periodic change in the braces as per the present condition of your teeth. You are likely to get straight teeth in 6-12 months in contrast to 2 years or more with traditional braces.
- Predictable treatment– Your progress is continuously monitored, and braces are customised. This will allow your teeth to move in the way you desire.
- No damage to teeth- Traditional braces are glued to your teeth with the help of cement and attached with the use of archives and bands. This can lead to some damage to your teeth. Invisalign braces provide hassle-free treatment and no damage to your natural teeth.
- Easy maintenance- Invisalign braces have a simple design and don’t have nooks and crannies where food can get trapped and cause damage. They have a reasonably even surface and allow easy cleaning and maintenance. Moreover, you can remove them at the time of eating and wear them back after rinsing your mouth with water.
What are the disadvantages of Invisalign braces?
Although Invisalign braces are loaded with advantages, there are a few cons as well.
- Cannot correct severe misalignment
- Less durable as compared to metallic braces
However, the advantages offered far outweigh the disadvantages. So, consider your situation and look over both to decide what is the best option for you.
Who is eligible for Invisalign clear braces?
You must consult your dentist regarding the availability of treatment according to your condition. Your dentist will examine your teeth and tell you the most suitable option. There are no absolute contraindications to Invisalign. However, people with severe malocclusion may not be able to derive significant benefits from Invisalign.
Do Invisalign braces hurt?
No, Invisalign braces are considered more comfortable than any other form of braces. You don’t have to go through a complicated procedure to get Invisalign. These are like plastic trays which will fit over your teeth with ease. You may feel some discomfort for a few days because of a foreign appliance in your mouth, but the pain is infrequent.
What will happen if you don’t wear your aligners for one day?
This is something you should take utmost care of. Even if you miss wearing your aligners for one day, your teeth may revert, and all the progress made will go in vain. You have to be responsible for yourself and wear them for at least 18- 22 hours every day. You will feel discomfort when you wear your braces on the next day because of the change in the alignment of your teeth with respect to the braces.
If you are looking for an amazing treatment experience, visit Conway House Dental Practice in High Wycombe. We are a team of dentists striving to provide the best dental services in town. Book an appointment with us, and we will try to find a solution to your every dental problem. Our friendly staff is always eager to help you and solve your doubts. So, feel free to contact us in case you have any questions.